Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween

Halloween was fun. I dressed up as a barefoot and pregnant lady and James dressed up as my husband. We totally looked the part. You have never seen a better planned and carried out costume. Well, except that my feet got cold so I had to put on some socks...We just sat around reading Artemis Fowl and waiting for the kids to come over and ask for candy.

I noticed a trend away from saying Trick or Treat and towards saying Happy Halloween. Weird. My favorite costume that I saw someone wearing was a father-son combo. The father was dressed up as a pirate and the little kid was a monkey on his shoulder. Way cute.

I didn't buy very much candy because we always have tons left over and I didn't want to be tempted to eat too much for weeks on end. But as the night wore down, we started to run out of candy. When we were down to 7 pieces, James ran to the store to get some more. And then we only had 2 more kids come. We might have gotten more, but at 9:00 we turned off all the lights and went to bed. We are such party poopers.

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Where's the pictures?!?!

Emily Nice said...

Sounds like a fun Halloween. I'm jealous that you had kids come to your house, and I didn't. Oh well, more candy for me to eat when I'm feeling depressed about my weight! :)

WARNERS said...

That is so typical. Your costume sounds great - well, not really. I agree, pictures please!

droledles said...

That's the coolest ever: pirate and monkey. I gotta tell Kevin about that. Maybe he'll want to dress up for Halloween once we have kids. :)